Important Dates For The Self-Employed
13th May 2019
Amidst our busy lives, it can be hard to keep track of all the yearly deadlines set by HMRC. We have therefore compiled a list of key dates for the 2018/2019 tax year:
- 31st January 2019 – This is the date by which your first payment on account is due for the 2018/19 tax year, if required.
- 5th April 2019 – last day of the 2018/19 tax year.
- 31st May 2019 – the last day you can give employees their form P60 for 2018/19.
- 6th July 2019 – the date by which you must submit your P11D forms to HMRC and supply your employees with a copy of the information contained therein.
- 22nd July 2019 – payment deadline for Class 1A National Insurance.
- 31st July 2019 – deadline for the second payment on account (if required) for the tax year ended 5th April 2019.
- 5th October 2019 – deadline to register with HMRC if you became self-employed or started receiving property income between 06/04/18 – 05/04/19.
- 31st October 2019 – deadline for HMRC to receive your 2018/19 paper tax return (if you are opting not to submit your return online).
- 30th December 2019 – final day you can submit your 2018/19 tax return if you intend for HMRC to collect the tax that you owe via your PAYE tax code.
- 31st January 2020 – the deadline for online, self-assessment tax returns for the 2018/19 tax year. This is also the deadline for your balancing payment to HMRC as well as your first payment on account for the 2019/20 tax year (if they are required).
If you have any queries regarding the above, or other accounting or business advisory needs, please do not hesitate to contact Stack & Jones Accountants on 01869 277973 for a free 1-hour consultation.
Image source: unsplash.com